Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 6:00 pm (MST)
Welcome to PearsonAccess, the entry point to Pearson services used by Colorado school districts. This site provides helpful Colorado Science and Social Studies assessment resources such as manuals, training presentations, and templates. For additional information, please see the Support tab above.
Colorado Summative Assessment Field Test
The Summative Assessment is Colorado's large-scale standardized achievement test. The purpose of the Summative Assessment is to provide an annual measure of student performance relative to the Colorado Academic Standards. As a standardized assessment, it must be administered under standardized conditions to ensure the reliability and validity of results.
The Summative Assessment will begin operational testing during the Spring 2014 administration. Before items can be used operationally, response data will be collected during the Spring 2013 Summative Assessment Field Test. The results will be used to identify items that are suitable for use in operational testing. Although districts will not be receiving student scores or other results from the field test administration, your participation is critical in making the new Summative Assessment of the highest quality possible.
Colorado Alternate Assessment Field Test
The Colorado Alternate Assessment (CoAlt) is a standards-based assessment designed specifically for eligible students with significant cognitive disabilities. The primary purpose of the assessment program is to determine the level at which Colorado students with significant cognitive disabilities meet the Extended Evidence Outcomes (EEOs) of the Colorado Academic Content Standards for science and social studies.
The CoAlt is making a transition into a new assessment with the first operational administration scheduled for Spring 2014. Before items can be used operationally, they must first be administered as "tryout" items. The Spring 2013 administration is a "field test" or tryout administration. The results will be used to identify items that are suitable for use as operational items. Although you will not be receiving student scores or other results from the field test administration, your participation is critical in making the new CoAlt of the highest quality possible.
CoAlt Field Test
- April 2 - April 8: Materials arriving in Districts
- April 22 - May 10: Field Test Window
- Additional Order Window
- April 9 - May 8: Secure Materials
- April 9 - May 15: Non-Secure Materials
- Return Materials:
- May 10: Schedule materials return
- May 15: Return materials to Pearson
Summative Field Test
- April 15: Electronic Practice Assessment Tool (ePATs), online testing tools and practice item ePAT guide available on PearsonAccess, non-secure Support tab
- April 22-April 23: Finalize Test Preparation Activities
- DTCs re-verify system and student workstation readiness
- Students access ePATS to practice online tools and view sample items
- DACs complete and verify test sessions
- April 24: Download (Proctor Cache) Summative Test Content for Field Test
- April 25 - May 10: During Field Testing
- DTCs respond to technology questions and/or inquiries
- DACs and SACs monitor administration of the field tests
- SACs support test proctors with policies and schedules
- Test Proctors manage test sessions and student authorization tickets.
For more detailed dates and activities related to the field test, click on the Support tab,"Important Dates"; and "Memos" links